Masthead header

Garden Shed, Part 4 of 4

Good day to you all!  Thanks for following this four part series.  Hope you’re enjoying!  Let’s get to it because there’s lots of pictures.  First, I’ll show the ‘his’ side as it’s been ignored for the most part during this series.

This is a shot of the 4′ x 3′ alcove with a slightly raised floor.  We used left over siding and nailed it to the subfloor.

 We brick tiled the rest of the area for ease of rolling the lawn mower and wheel barrows in and out.

Because we walk in and out of this side (no lollygagging here), we didn’t feel the need to fancy it up.  It serves its storage purpose quite well regardless of looks.  To hang the tools, we used a kit including a metal tool rack with hooks we picked up at a discontinued price of 50 cents.  Not being able to pass that price up, we bought two eons ago knowing we’d use them at some point.

Closer look

Here’s the alcove with a shelf for the second wheel barrow and other miscellaneous items.

A closer look

I think we’ll add a second shelf this summer for a bit more organization.  Overall, the hubby likes his space and feels like there’s plenty of room.

Now to the girly side.  😉

The first thing we did was build the frame for the countertop from left over 2 x 4’s.

Next, we dry fit the sink before permanently installing.  By the way, we picked up this sink from the re-use store for $20.  Holla!  It’s engraved with a stamp from France.

The next project is my absolute favorite part of the shed.  We had a 3 foot white ranch fence dividing the backyard.

We took it down, cut it to size, and used it for the countertop.  I LOVE it!

We lightly scraped it to remove the loose paint and then left it as is.  Over the years, it’ll take a beating so we wanted something that would hold up!

You may remember seeing these cabinets in an earlier post.

They were looking a little sad after sitting a few months in the re-use store.  I spruced them up a bit, making them more garden-esque.  I found a remnant fabric for $2.00 at Jo-Ann’s and used a spray adhesive to secure it to the back of the cabinets.  I also sanded the cabinets and gave them a fresh coat of paint with a dark and light chocolate color.

Next up, bring water to the shed.  The hubby dug a trench, laid pipe, installed an on/off water valve, and hooked me up… with water that is!

I picked up these coat hooks about 10 years ago for a steal at $1.00 each.

The water from our sink drains into a metal bucket for gray water recycling in the yard.

When we moved into the house, we found this mini wall shelf in our garage.  Instead of throwing it out, we held onto knowing we’d use it somewhere.  Fast forward two years, we dug around in the garage, found it, rinsed it off and attached it to the wall.

The cool thing about this piece is on the side the previous owners wrote down the mileage of their ’63 Pontiac after each vacation from the 60’s through the 90’s.

These next images show how the shed is organized.

Here’s how it looks today – lived in.

If you’ve been adding up the costs along the way, it came to about $1500 to build our custom 124 sf shed.

As I mentioned in an earlier post we still have some small details to address, but overall I love the space!  It has a cute factor and more importantly has everything I need to efficiently tend to the flower and veggie gardens.

Thanks for tagging along!!

Related posts you may like:

no comments

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*